Effective Date: February 1, 2020
The terms “collect”, “process”, “treat”, “use”, “share”, “disclose”, “divulge” and analogous words shall be refer to your personal data and other data collected from our visitors and end users.
What do you collect from me?
We may collect the following personal information from you:
Any information that you voluntarily submit to the Website;
Your user name, name, email address, date of birth, gender, phone number, state, city, country, or zip code;
Your payment information, which is used to complete a transaction;
Proof of a government photo identification card;
Links to other websites that you own; and
Links to your social networking profile.
We may also collect the following personally identifiable information from you:
Your IP address;
Your use of the Website;
Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons; and
Any other additional analytics data that you voluntarily submit to the Website.
How do you use this information?
We use this personal and personally identifiable information to:
Provide you with the Website and its services;
To communicate with you;
To troubleshoot problems with the Website;
To complete a transaction that you have initiated;
To update you on changes to the Website; and
To update you on our services or the services of third parties.
How do you store this information?
Poet Tree Poetry stores and processes your personal and personally identifiable information on computers located within the United States. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and processing of your personal and personally identifiable information in the United States and hereby expressly waive any rights that you may have under the EU Data Protection Directive.
We use commercially standard technology to help protect against the unauthorized disclosure of your personal and personally identifiable information, including encryption. Though we do our best to protect your personal and personally identifiable information, you provide all such information at your own risk.
Do you share my information with third parties?
Poet Tree Poetry will only share your personal or personally identifiable information with third parties in the following situations:
Where Poet Tree Poetry has obtained your consent;
Where it is necessary to provide you with services initiated at your request;
Where it is necessary to share such information with Poet Tree Poetry’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, and assigns;
Where Poet Tree Poetry has been purchased by or has purchased a third party;
Where it is needed to respond to information requests by government authorities;
Where it is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
Where it is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, users, members, officers, directors, or shareholders of Poet Tree; and
Where it is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty.
Any personal or personally identifiable information that you include within your Website profile or elsewhere on the Website may also be displayed to third parties. You are advised to review that information before you submit it to the Website.
Occasionally, we will ask you for express permission and approval to receive electronic messages in electronic format which are then sent to an electronic address and that contains a message asking recipients to participate in commercial activities such as newsletters, purchase of products, services and invitations to participate in surveys.
We will send you service-related announcements on occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, or a new enhancement is released, which will affect the way you use our services, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are neither commercial nor promotional in nature.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Poet Tree Poetry uses “cookies” and similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
What can I do to stop the collection of my personal or personally identifiable information?
You can cease Poet Tree Poetry’s collection of your personal and personally identifiable information by taking the following steps:
By adjusting your web browser settings to block or limit cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons;
What are my duties when using the Website?
You have the duty to:
Inform Poet Tree Poetry of any changes to your personal or personally identifiable information; and
Protect the security of your username, password, and personal or personally identifiable information.
California Privacy Rights
Notice to California Residents
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), Poet Tree Poetry and its affiliates hereto provide the following notice regarding the categories of PI that we have collected or disclosed within the preceding 12 (twelve) months about California residents who are not employees, independent contractors, owners, directors, officers, or job applicants of Poet Tree Poetry, or emergency contacts or benefits beneficiaries of the foregoing.
Henceforth, the CCPA provides Californians with the following rights:
- Requests for Information: you (or your authorized agent) can request a copy of your PI, including how we have collected, used, and shared your PI over the past 12 months (if any), including the categories of PI we collected and our purposes for doing so; the categories of sources for that information; the categories of third parties with whom we shared it for a business purpose and our purposes for doing so.
- Your Right to Opt Out of Sales: We do not sell your PI, thus, we don’t offer opt out notices.
- Your Right to Notification: under the CCPA, we cannot collect new categories of PI or use them for materially different purposes without first notifying you.
- Nondiscrimination for exercising your CCPA Rights: the CCPA prohibits us from discriminating against you for exercising your rights under the law. Such discrimination may include denying services, charging different prices or rates for services, providing a different level or quality of services, or suggesting that you will receive a different level or quality of goods or services as a result of exercising your rights.
- Your Right to Delete PI: you can request that we delete your PI by closing your Poet Tree Poetry account. You also can request that we delete specific information, and we will honor such requests, unless a due exception applies, such as when the information is necessary to complete a transaction, verify a fraud, review a chargeback or contract for which it was collected or when it is being used to detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents, comply with laws, identify and repair bugs or ensure another consumer’s ability to exercise their free speech rights or other rights provided by law.
- Please take into consideration that we may deny your deletion request if retaining the PI is necessary for us, our affiliates or our service providers in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the PI information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug our products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation that has substantive grounds;
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Overall, we have, may collect or will collect the following categories of PI from our users, customers and individuals, as necessary to fulfill our legal obligations and operational business purposes:
- Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as contact information and financial information;
- Identifiers, such as online identifier, IP address and name;
- Financial information, such as transaction information and history and securities trading information and history;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our and other websites and systems;
- Geolocation data, such as device location and IP location;
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as video recordings created in connection with our business activities, such as your fitness videos and multimedia content; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the PI listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
If you have any privacy request, such must include, at the least, the following information: (i) your complete name, address and/or e-mail address in order for us to notify you the response to your request; (ii) attached documents establishing your identity; and (iii) a clear and concise description of the PI with regard to which you seek to enforce any of your privacy rights. If you request rectification, please indicate amendments to be made and attach documentation to back up your request.
Upon receipt of your privacy request, and after due review, we may then edit, deactivate and/or delete your PI from our services within thirty (30) days. In case of secure databases under our control where deletion is impossible, we will make such information permanently inaccessible.
From time to time, this Policy may be translated into other languages for your convenience. The English language version of each of these documents shall be the version that prevails and governs your use of Site and our products and services. Upon the case of any conflict between the English language version and any translated version, the English language version will prevail.
Amendments to this Policy
Periodically, and at the final discretion of ourselves, we may update, change, suspend and/modify or our Site, our services, this Policy and/or our Terms, in whole or in part. We hereby reserve such right in order to operate our business and protect ourselves. Your use after any changes indicate your acceptance thereof and we will post a notice regarding such changes on our Site and may also write an email to you or otherwise notify you.
How can I contact you if I have questions?